About the room
Who lives there
1 male, professional, outside smokers only
My house has 4 bedrooms. One is mine and another is what I call the den(TV, lounging). There are two twin beds in the den for rest or for an occasional overnight guest. The other two rooms are for my housemates. It’s an old house that I have recently refurbished: new paint, new kitchen counter, refurnished furniture and hard wood floors. The rooms have a twin bed, a dresser, a closet and a table or two. What I mainly want is a relatively quiet, cooperative household. $350 per month + ½ utilities + 350 deposit. This means that you need $700 up front to move in. I have a list of what I call suggestions for comfortable living(below).
Suggestions for comfortable living at 1064 Earl Street
1. Your room is yours. I stay out of it except in emergencies. Do whatever you like as long as there is no fire hazard, health problems(rotten food) etc. I will put a lock on your door if you prefer. I need to get in the attic occasionally. In order to do this I need to open the door in the back room so that I can take down the ladder. There is limited storage space in the attic for your use.
2. There is only one bathroom (I believe this is the most limiting factor in this house). So we need to cooperate. If you need long times in the bathroom this is, perhaps, not a good place for you.
3. There is an extra room which I call the den. It has two twin beds in it for occasional overnight guests.
4. There is also only one rather small kitchen so if anyone wants to invite people for dinner it would be helpful if you tell your housemates before.
5. No sex or romance in the house. I’m all for sex and romance but this is not the place for it.
6. No illegal drugs on the property. Tobacco smoking is OK in the back unheated room. I call this the Florida room.
7. In the Florida room there is a washer and drier which you are welcome to use. You supply the detergent, etc.
8. You will pay ½ of the utilities, HRUBS water bill(ranges around $80), gas(maximum last January was $140), and electricity(averages about $90). If there is only one renter I will pay the other half. If two renters each will pay half and I will pay nothing.
9. I reserve the right to charge you for things that are in common use (toilet paper, condiments, dish soap etc) but I will plan to supply them myself unless they are becoming too costly.
10. Clean up after yourself (spills, dishes, etc.). There is no functioning dish washer so you need to clean the dishes so that others can use them. I will do the general house cleaning.
11. $350.00 per month to be paid the first of the month. A $50.00 penalty is assessed after the 5th of the month and an additional $50.00 for every 5 days thereafter. As soon as all the utility bills come in every month I will divide by 2 and expect you to pay this amount before or with your next monthly rent. These will be prorated for partial months. $350 deposit will be returned if you reside for 9 months or more and if all bills are paid.
12. the house phone is for everybody’s use. You pay for any additional charges incurred.
13. Cable, and wifi are in the house. It is basic cable. You will pay for any upgrade.
Listing ID: H181206141318277
Posted on 6 December 2018